- Take the MTR train to Tsuen Wan West.
- Leave the MTR Station via Exit D at Tsuen Wan West Station (Last Station).
- Turn left after exiting from the glass doorway in a direction towards the bus station and board in to bus 51 to heading Tsuen Kam Au.
- Get off after you see the sign post that says "Welcome to Yuen Long" on the left side of the road. You will also see the wooden sign board of Tai Mo Shan Country Park in the middle of the road and you can press the bell to get off.
- Alternatively, a taxi which cost HK$50+ is your last option.
- Difficulty: 2/5
- Distance: 6.3 Km.
- Length: 2.5 Hours
- Route: Route Twisk - Tin Fu Tsai
- Terrain: 100% Tarmac/Concrete
- 11L - 22L Pack
- 1L Liquid Supplement
- Clothing (Dress up according to the weather condition)
- A regular rubber shoes will do just fine but a proper hiking shoes is highly recommended.
- Hiking Pole (Optional)
- Mosquito Repellent
- Extra Shirt
- Snack/Food (Power bar or anything to boost your energy)
|When you reach the final Station at Tsuen Wan West Rail Station, simply take Exit D.|
|Bus 51 Station Post|
|Starting Point of MacLehose Trail Section 9|
(Note: In case you don't have a map, please take a photo of the map so that you can have a reference of the trail if you need one).
Immediately after passing the Country Park gate, you will see the campsite adjacent to the main trail.
|Rest assure that your journey is safe because you will never have to guess where is the next path. The whole trail is Hiker-Friendly with signs like the one featured above.|
|This is what the Campsite look like. It has toilet and water source, so you don't have to worry about a thing.|
Not very far away from the first campsite.
This offers a great scenery of Tsuen Wan and it's neighboring town.
|KNOW YOUR BEARING POINT|
Again, you will never get lost here due to the friendly signs on the route and all you need to do is to read the signs carefully and check where the arrows are pointing.
|A long concrete pathways and your destination is TIN FU TSAI. Like I said, this trail is 100% Concrete and this is what's your going to endure for 2.5 hours.|
|Turn towards the left-hand side from here because the trail on the right-hand side is for the Mountain Bikers.|
|Another Fork: Simply turn on the right-hand side and head downhill. There's a mini stream in case you need to freshen-up.|
|Here's an example of the stream that you might encounter along the trail. Feel free to get in it and refresh yourself!|
Another friendly sign post to ensure that a Hiker/s won't get lost on the trail.