- Take the MTR and get to SHAU KEI WAN MTR Station
- Take Exit A1 and immediately you will see the bus station on the left hand side.
- Locate and board in to Bus 9 heading towards Shek O.
- Green Mini Bus is also available at MTR Exit A3 (immediately turn left on the exit and the mini busese will be there).
- Final option is Taxi (...to expensive though)
- Difficulty: 3/5 (Strenuous Hiking)
- Distance: Roughly 8.5 km
- Duration: 2.75hrs - 3hrs
- Terrain 1: 40% Natural, 40% Modified steps and 20% Tarmac (Original Trail)
- Terrain 2: 60% Natural, 30% Modified Steps and 10% Tarmac (Mt. Collinson Route)
- 8L-11L Pack
- 1L Water/Energy Drink
- Hiking Pole (Optional)
- Good Hiking Boots
- Regular Shorts and Shirt (Original Trail)
- Long Sleeves and Convertible Pants (Mt. Collinson Route)
- Personal Emergency Kit
Be alert on this bus stop because it comes after the bus curves around the road and if you miss it, u will walk back a bit longer...better let the bus driver know where your getting off.
|This is what the starting point looks like|
|There will be a few stairs like this within the trail..I guess U can always have an option of walking along the side the the staircase just to hike a little more natural.|
|This beautiful panorama will appear quickly as soon as u get to the trail opening and you can actually see the Stanley Town is on the upper left.|
|Take the stairs uphill again. The trail is clearly mark and you should always peel your eyes on those signs because all of them indicates your grid location.|
|Immediately after 5mins this will amaze you... "Welcome to SHEK O!"|
|Just a little hike and this Luscious and Luxurious Mountain Range appears. Enjoy the natural trail from here until you reach the summit of Shek O.|
|Looking back at the trail were you've been and the Hill of D'Aguilar is nicely blending with the rest of Dragon's Back Trail.|
|SHEK O SUMMIT|
|If you continue with the original trail this is it!|
At the bottom of the stair, turn left and from here it will be flat trekking for about 23mins.
|A little bit of trail entertainment specially during wet season, all the streams are strongly flowing cool water....you can scoop a few to refresh yourself.|
There's a blue colored toilet on the left side and when your done here, please proceed to in a direction heading Big Wave Beach. By looking at this photo, you will need to turn right and walk on concrete road for the next 15mins or so.
|...after walking for 15mins, the road ends and you must turn left and then right immediately (you may need to walk in a direct towards the Pavilion).|