HOW TO GET THERE:
- (The Best Way) - Take the ferry from Central Ferry Terminal 6 to Mui Wo (Silvermine Bay) then take either Bus No.1 or No.3M., then get off after two or three stops (depending on the bus your in). The bus stop should be along side of Nam Shan picnic area.
- (Alternative Way) - take the MTR to Tung Chung MTR Station and board into Bus No. 3M at Tung Chung Bus Terminus then get off at Nam Shan picnic area.
- Taxi from Mui Wo should cost HK$25 only.
- Difficulty: 3/5 (Strenuous Hike)
- Distance: 6.5+ km
- Duration: 3.5 Hrs
- Terrain: 60% Natural, 30% Modified boulder path and 10% Alternative routes.
- Mobile Phone Coverage: Good
- GPS Coverage: Good
- Pack: 20L - 3L
- Liquid Supplement: 3L
- Food: Either Fruit/Power Bars/Bread
- Clothing: Polyester Shirt (DriFit) / Shorts
- Extras: Mosquito Repellent, Hiking Pole(Optional), Sun Block, Sunglasses, Hat, Wind Breaker (During Cold and Winter Season) and Personal First Aid Kit.
At Nam Shan, along side with the Shelter, Picnic Area and the Public Toilet with Vending Machines. About 2 to 3 bus stop from Mui Wo Bus Terminus.
|The ever friendly Board Map has all the information about the accuracy of the trail and the other alternative routes. Take some time to study it or might as well take a picture of it so that you can have a reference on the trail.|
|The Wooden Archway of Lantau Trail Section 2|
|The trail is well maintained and there are plenty of sections were you may encounter this type of boulder path. Due to the ever changing weather please watch your steps on some of the moving boulders!|
|LIN FA SHAN (766masl)|
Okay, this is really not part of the main trail of Lantau Trail Section 2 but I decided to take a little detour while I'm here.
|LIN FA SHAN SUMMIT (766masl)|
The 360 view is fascinating specially on the North side of the Country Park. Pui O is also a great sight on the summit.
|This trail is fully covered with trail signs like this one to ensure your destination.|
|Trigonometric Marker of Sunset Peak|
|If you get to the right path and reached L015, the northeast ridge of Lantau Peak stand before the intrepid Mountaineer.|
|The beginning of a long downhill battle!|