- PEAK TRAM: Taking this means of transport is very meaningful, because not only you will get to experience the old ways of getting to Victoria Peak Galleria it's also the fastest way. The tram station is adjacent to Hong Kong Park and it will cost HK$18 only.
- BUS: You will need to get to Central Exchange Square Bus Terminus and take BUS 15 that will take you all the way up towards Victoria Peak Bus Terminus as well.
- Other means of transports are the Green mini Buses located at Central Station and Taxis.
- Difficulty: 3/5
- Terrain: 40% natural & 60% clear and modified path.
- Length: 1.5 - 2 Hour Hike
- 8L-18L Pack
- 500ml Water
- 500ml Energy Drink
- Convertible Pants
- Light Drifit and Bright Shirt
- Hiking Pole (Optional)
- Mosquito Repellent
- Proper Hiking Shoes/Boots
- Snack Bars
(This photo was taken after hiking at High West Trail)
|The PEAK GALLERIA is the starting point and originally you will need to hike along the flat path at LUGARD ROAD but on this trail I took HARLECH ROAD and find my way towards the Main Entry Point.|
|MAIN ENTRY POINT OF HIGH WEST|
Every day you will see lots of senior citizen doing their early morning walk, jogging and all other exercises here.
|TRAIL TO HIGH WEST|
On the left side of the park, there's a small staircase which lead you towards this hiking trail and would eventually take you up towards High West Summit.
|HIGH WEST SUMMIT|
|Reaching the bottom part of High West Trail and you will be welcomed by Hong Kong Trail Section 1 again and at this point hiking is easy again.|
|Safely protected by trees during hot summer days.|
HIGHLIGHTS OF HONG KONG TRAIL SECTION 1
|At the end of my hike at Hong Kong Trail Section 1, I took the right turn and this waterfall is an interesting spot to take some photos. This should be nice if the water is stronger! I went here during the dry winter season in Hong Kong.|