- (Option 1) Take the MTR to Diamond Hill Station and board in to bus 92 'til you reach its final Terminus at Sai Kung District. Then, quickly take bus 94 and get off at Sai Kung Visitor's Center. Finally, take the blue cab at the terminus and ask the taxi driver to take you at High Island Reservoir Pavilion or MacLehose Trail Section 1.
- (Option 2) Take the MTR and get off at Diamond Hill Station and leave the station by Exit B. Locate and board into 96R (available during Sundays & Public Holidays only) and get off at Sai Kung Visitor's Centre, take a blue cab and ask the driver to take you at High Island Reservoir Pavilion. You must be on the MacLehose Trail (right side when you reach the round-about but make sure that the Taxi is between the High Island Reservoir on the left-side of the cab and the Water Sports Centre on the right-side) and when you reach the Blue colored Dolosses Landmark then, all you need to do is to follow the trail until the starting point of Section 2 is reached.
- Difficulty: 3/5 (Strenuous Hike)
- Distance: 13.5 km (Original Trail) if you hike SHARP PEAK then it's at least 18.5+km.
- Duration: 5 Hrs (Original) if you hike SHARP PEAK then it roughly around 7 Hrs.
- Terrain: 40% Concrete, 40% Natural and 20% Sand
- Mobile Phone Coverage: Good
- GPS Coverage: Great
- Pack: 10L - 20L Packs
- Liquid Supplement: 3L
- Food: (Optional) There are restaurants when you reach TAI LONG WAN or you can have your own food.
- Clothing: Convertible Pants and Shirt (Summer) add Wind Breaker (Winter)
- Shoes: Be sure to wear proper hiking shoes or boots.
- Extras: Hiking Pole, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Hat, Mini Personal First Aid Kit, Extra Shirt, Mobile Phone & Camera.
(Work your way here by following the instructions above)
|LONG KE BAY|
The aquatic emerald colors of Long Ke Bay. The serenity and tranquility of the camping ground along the beach side and the beautiful mountain range that your going to hike awaits.
Respect the privacy and peacefulness of this facility...be sure not to loiter around its premises.
|Hike further on a clearly marked country trail until this Pavilion is reached. A resting area and sign to have a little break and to refuel your body.|
|SAI WAN SHAN (314masl) Summit|
It's really not that hard to get to this summit because the trail is not steep, it is rather clean and clear and and filled with trial signs along the way.
|TAI LONG WAN PANORAMA|
This is a very famous viewing area and by looking ahead you can actually see TAI LONG WAN, SHARP PEAK from a distance.
|INTERSECTION MAP BOARD|
Its's like decision making point around this junction, but all I have to say is .."Proceed towards Tai Long Wan!".. otherwise you'll miss the opportunity if seeing the greatest Camping Ground and the famous beach side Hong Kong.
|This massive landscape is the perfect scenery of Tai Long Wan and this is only a few meters away from the summit of Sharp Peak. The feeling of being here is so amazing...imagine how much more if your doing Mount Everest!|
|The other side of the summit and below is the beach and campsite of TAI WAN.|
|End of Section 2 and a new set of Hikers are getting ready for their own adventure.|
Enjoy Your Country Park, Enjoy Hiking and Leave NO Trace!