- (LOOP TRAIL)
- 80% Wetland & Rockies
- 20% Dry Land
- Duration: 3 Hours IN & 3 Hours OUT (Non-Stop Loop), 7-7 1/2 if you take the Most Difficult & Boring Trail uphill which will lead you up to Sunset Peak Trail and from there, you can choose to end at Mui Wo (1 hr again) to get you to central (another hour), or ending it at Pak Kung Au (1.5hr) then take the bus to Tung Chung (35-40mins ride).
- Difficulty: If you just do the loop (IN & OUT) the rating is 4/5. But if you take the the trail all the way up to Sunset Peak which may involve "Low level of ROCK CLIMBING"...it should be 5/5 rating.
- 18L to 20L Packs (Pack that will keep everything dry)
- 2L Of Water (H2O)
- 1L of Energy Drink
- Food (Must because the trail is around 3 hrs in and 3 hrs without stopping)
- Mini 1st Aid Kit (Hope u won't need 'em...but bring it!)
- Pair of Wet Wear
- GoPro Cam or Any Water-Resistant Camera
- Cellphone (Good coverage inside the stream but be sure to protect it from getting wet).
- A good pair of water-shoes or toe protected sandals.
Taxis are not allowed to get inside this section anymore so you need to walk from here.
The easy concrete path is filled with easy to locate directions signage like this one.
Just simply go and pass through it...
|WONG LUNG HANG PICNIC SITE|
If you came here for such reason then you should stop here. But your target is something else
...so please proceed along the Red Markings.
|Neither Left or Right....Just walk straight ahead!|
|(VIEW ON TOP OF THE DAM)|
Option 1 will lead you on the side of the stream if you really don't know how to swim or if you wish not to get wet early. But Option 2 will surely give you that adrenaline rush because you seek the adventure!
|Here is what it looks like when you take the ladder up and immediately|
go down on the right-side to walk along the stream.
|Here are some highlights of the stream...|
Don't get confused...simply turn on the right-side from here and proceed upstream!
Take a dip here if you wish but be cautious if you jump in.
|This is the best place to have a break and take that power meal...when your done, remember to follow this clearly marked bearing point (up and over the 2 huge rocks) up stream.|
|I highly chose and recommend this area for a lunch break because u can sit in the water as you enjoy your home-made meal. (I usually cook on the trail, bringing-in my home-made alcohol stove and my favorite spicy instant noodles)|
What a refreshing rewards isn't it? Go ahead and swim or take a plunge if you must!
(Note: The water here is very clear so you should be able to see where exactly you can jump...be careful!)
Immediately after the climb...you will soon encounter this
subtle and yet satisfying waterfall. Go ahead and jump in!
|LEFT DRAGON WATERFALL|
|RIGHT & TAIL DRAGON WATERFALL|
When you reach this section...you are now done with your loop trail! Make your way back to where you started and just simply walk all the way to Tung Chung MTR Station.